Would you like to work in a fast-growing international organization that is engaged in sustainability? Are you eager to learn and focused on developing yourself? Are you service-oriented, proactive and motivated? Then you might be the new colleague we are looking for. This job might go by many names but for this vacancy, we’re calling it a Business Developer.
The PRé team is continuing to grow during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. All PRé team members work remotely at the moment.
At PRé, we help companies turn sustainability strategy into action. Our fact-based consulting services, training, and software solutions are grounded in our 30 years of pioneering experience in life cycle thinking.
Organizations reach out to us to measure, improve and communicate their sustainability performance. Our trusted SimaPro software solutions are supported by professional consulting and capacity-building services. With everything we do, we strive to get closer to a more sustainable world through our science-based approach guided by innovation, transparency, and collaboration values.
What you will be doing
The main goals of this full-time (32-40 hours) position are to:
- Engage with customers to understand underlying needs, co-develop solutions, and identify how we can fill them.
- Develop solutions and organize, plan, create and deliver compelling proof of concept demonstrations.
- Manage the sales bid process by responding to RFIs and RFPs, including coordinating feedback and input from the internal team, writing, costing, and preparing high-impact proposals for custom and innovative leading-edge projects and digital solutions.
- Account management: building relationships with customers, following up on requests, negotiating contractual terms, and closing deals.
- Develop go-to-market, sales, and pricing strategies for game-changing products.
- Keeping abreast of market trends and product and competitor landscapes.
What you will bring along
As a company that highly values diversity, curiosity, and collaborations, we are open to people from different professional and educational backgrounds. However, the ideal person for this role would at least fit the following criteria:
- Education: HBO or above
- Fluency in English is required, Dutch is advantageous (but not required)
- 2-5 years of work experience in sales, environmental consulting, or client-facing role
- Excellent presentation, communication, and writing skills. Strong stakeholder management, customer relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Strong active listening skills, and ability to distil structured customer needs or requirements from unstructured conversations and input
- Affinity with sustainability, background in environmental science or LCA is a major advantage
- Proactive, customer-centric, team worker, winners mentality.
What we promise
Working with us, you’ll be part of a highly diverse global culture that puts people first; our own and our customers. Our team of change-makers is passionate about sustainability and science, working together to solve challenging environmental and social problems. To sustain this passion, we make sure our people derive a sense of purpose, mastery, and autonomy from their work. We believe in constant learning and knowledge sharing – and we give our employees the tools to develop to their fullest potential. We work efficiently and effectively, taking responsibility for the work we do, keeping our commitments with integrity and honesty, living up to the company’s core values.
At PRé, you will find a creative, inspiring, and challenging international work environment with an open and informal culture. Competitive compensation, excellent development opportunities, on-the-job training and great responsibilities – all while contributing to a better world. In addition, we offer excellent remote working conditions and flexible hours to support your work-life balance. And, since we’re in the Netherlands, our job offer wouldn’t be complete without public transport compensation and a bicycle plan.
We’d love to see your application
Do you feel the drive to make a change and join our team in Amersfoort, the Netherlands? Please send your CV and cover letter to Christian Versteeg: Versteeg@pre-sustainability.com before 8 October 2021. For more information about this position, you can contact Anneke Haringsma, Sales & Partner Manager: Haringsma@pre-sustainability.com.