We are looking for multiple full-time (80-100%) LCA Data Analysts who will join our database team in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, starting as soon as possible. Do you have the ambition to work on the cutting-edge of sustainability and LCI data? Would you like to work on data projects that will be a cornerstone for future EU policies and develop exciting solutions in a growing international organization to contribute to a positive change in the world? Are you looking to work on projects that will have very significant impacts on the LCA data world? Are you eager to challenge yourself and accelerate your professional and personal growth? Then you might be the new colleague we are looking for. In the world of sustainability, good and reliable data are both crucial and sometimes hard to come by. Effective experts work with a variety of data sources and databases. Managing and combining multiple data sources can be challenging, and PRé is a leading provider of services to make data accessible and interoperable. PRé also leads current efforts to build a database of significant importance for the European Commission. Through this, we enable data users to make the best and most informed decisions.
At PRé, we help companies turn sustainability strategy into action. Our fact-based high-quality consulting services, data efforts, training and software solutions are globally recognized and grounded in our 30 years of pioneering experience in life cycle thinking.
Organizations reach out to us to measure, improve and communicate their sustainability performance and to help them shape their strategy with regards to sustainability metrics. Our trusted and market leading SimaPro software solutions are supported by professional high-standard databases and data management support. We partner with leading database providers, like ecoinvent and Agri-footprint, to provide high quality secondary data. Together with the same partners we have also contributed to the development of secondary data for the European Commission. Now we are tasked to create a database of major importance for the Commission, together with an extensive network of partners. Next to that we aim to develop product-system models and company specific libraries to further enhance the quality and ease of use of available data. With everything we do, we strive to get closer to a more sustainable world through our science-based approach guided by innovation, transparency and collaboration. Driven by these values, we have built a reputation as a thought leader in environmental and social sustainability.
People are the heart of PRé. We believe it is important to nurture talent. This is why we focus on gathering and sharing knowledge and learning from each other. We empower people by providing opportunities and space to make autonomous decisions and gain mastery in their field, in service to our common purpose. We’re passionate about the work we do, the clients we serve, and the impact we make every day. PRé has a fast‐paced work environment where creativity and innovation are highly valued.
About the Database Team
We are a motivated and growing team of LCA and sustainability data experts as well as data scientists. Our mission is to bring the highest quality and most extensive data available to users and partners. The database team at PRé implements the leading databases available in SimaPro to provide a seamless experience for our users. In our efforts we partner with governmental and private organizations, as well as database developers. To name a few: ecoinvent, Agri-footprint, EF secondary data, World Food database, Exiobase and many more. These generic and sector specific databases are often the cornerstone of the work LCA Experts do. We also work with providers of Life Cycle Impact Assessment methods to provide state-of-the-art assessment options in our solutions.
In addition to helping data providers reach a broad and diverse audience, we also help clients connect their data to databases. Our database team works on innovative database management and data handling solutions to connect users to a variety of sources of data, enabling interoperability of data and to help data developers manage and maintain their data in our solutions..
Database creation has also become a topic for the team, and we are now working on the development of a core database of secondary data for the European Commission. This environmental footprint database will be used for a wide variety of policies and regulations as well as potentially other major use cases. This database will be the foundation for a wide range of activities and decision-making. It will become an integral part of the future data ecosystem while also creating room for complimentary databases to flourish. We are looking for someone who is excited to contribute to this activity with their data expertise and coordination skills.
Beyond these activities, we contribute to the development of product category databases of parameterized product system models as well as facilitate the creation of company-internal databases. We seek to create a data environment together with our partners that will help data users create a better world. This is a unique and crucial role in the LCA community, and we continuously strive to improve our methods through innovation and research. Join us now and be part of this exciting opportunity!
What you will be doing
Are you an analytical, result-oriented person with an open, professional work ethic and motivated by gaining knowledge and experience? Do you want to use your data management skills to accelerate sustainable action and innovation across the company and in the world?
The main goals of this full-time (32-40 hours) position are to:
- Contribute to the creation and organization of a large LCI database in a multi-year, high-impact project for the European Commission through data research as well as dataset composition, review and database handling.
- Maintain and expand our data offerings in PRé solutions by implementing, updating and validating databases and impact assessment methods.
- Ensure quality and data supply through interactions coordination with data and database providers and operators.
- Technical LCI and database analysis work.
- Work on user-generated data, exchange of models between various software systems, metadata and nomenclature, data harvesting and interoperability.
What you will bring along
As a company that highly values diversity, curiosity, and collaborations, we are open to people from different professional and educational backgrounds. The ideal person for this role would fit the following criteria:
- University degree in Environmental / Analytical studies/ Nature Sciences/ Industrial Ecology or Engineering
- Knowledge of and experience with Life Cycle Assessment as a methodology, as well as LCA software, preferably SimaPro
- Experience with data research and Life Cycle Inventory dataset generation
- Experience and affinity with large data sets and complex systems
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (knowledge of macros and/or VBA advantageous)
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Coding skills are nice-to-have
- Excellent verbal and written English
- EU citizen or holding existing work permit for the Netherlands
What we promise
Working with us, you’ll be part of a highly diverse global culture that puts people first; our own and our customers. Our team of change-makers is passionate about sustainability and science, working together to solve challenging environmental and social problems. To sustain this passion, we make sure our people derive a sense of purpose, mastery and autonomy from their work. We believe in constant learning and knowledge sharing – and we give our employees the tools to develop to their fullest potential. We work efficiently and effectively, taking responsibility for the work we do, keeping our commitments with integrity and honesty, living up to the company’s core values.
At PRé, you’ll find:
- A fast‐paced work environment where creativity and dedication are highly valued.
- An inspiring, and challenging international work atmosphere with an open and informal culture.
- A thoughtful group of colleagues, with much personal attention, and an employer who keeps a great eye on work happiness and job satisfaction.
- Competitive compensation, excellent personal development opportunities, on-the-job training and great responsibilities – all while contributing to a better world.
- Excellent remote working conditions and flexible hours to support your work-life balance.
- Training budget of € 1000, – per year to support and empower your individual learning and development.
- And, since we`re in the Netherlands, our job offer wouldn’t be complete without public transport compensation and a bicycle plan.
We’d love to see your application
If you recognize yourself in the profile and feel the drive to make a change, we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Vera Vigh: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about this position, you can contact the database team lead Kimberly Bittler, at email@example.com.