PRé is looking for a full-time (80-100%) QA Specialist who will join our team in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, preferably starting as soon as possible. Are you a QA Specialist with a passion for sustainability who wants to have more impact? Do you have the ambition to work for a global leader in the field of sustainability metrics? Do you want to work with state-of-the-art tools and bring that to the next level by tapping into new audiences, connecting it to large enterprise systems, custom-built tools and configurable modules? If you are very talented and ambitious and want to put that to use working on the best sustainability software, PRé is the place to be. Use your drive and expertise to help us deliver the high quality software that contributes to a better tomorrow.
Get to know us
At PRé, we help companies turn sustainability strategy into action. Our fact-based consulting services, training and software solutions have been at the forefront of life cycle thinking for 30 years.
We believe that we have to change the way Life Cycle Information is generated and made available. There are billions of products and only a few thousand LCA Experts. To leverage the knowledge and expertise that is captured in models and data we have to work smarter and use technology to its full potential. Making simplified tools is simply not enough. Easy to use tools that can generate results in huge volumes have to be connected to robust LCA calculation engines that ensure the underlying models are transparent and science based. For that reason, we developed SimaPro as a cloud-based platform, so data can be connected and shared much more easily.
With everything we do – guided by innovation, transparency and collaboration values – we strive to get closer to a more sustainable world through our science-based services and trusted software solutions.
About the Software Team
We are an agile team of enthusiastic developers, driven to deliver high-quality web-based software. Our team uses state-of-the-art tools, like React, Webpack, C# with .NET Core, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET Core, SQL Server Azure and Azure DevOps to build a web platform running in Microsoft Azure. The platform has its own UI to collect and work with data and LCA models, as well as an API to let others build applications using our data and calculation capacities.
For more information on SimaPro or examples of our work, take a look at www.pre-sustainability.com and https://simapro.com/. If you’re interested to learn more about the latest developments we’re working on, we can give you access to a demo as part of the application process.
What you will be doing
Are you a smart, curious, quick thinker who is equally enthusiastic about sustainability and web development and who wants to help our team accomplish its goals? We are looking for a motivated colleague who wants to make a meaningful contribution in the field of sustainability metrics while learning and sharing knowledge together with us.
The main goals of this full-time (32-40 hours) position are to:
- Work in a SCRUM team in close collaboration with our Consultancy teams on defining new LCA software features and improving the ones we have.
- Create test cases for new features and improvements
- Investigate, document and help resolve findings
- Together with our Test Specialist, you will also be responsible for integration and E2E test automation
What you will bring along
As a company that highly values diversity, curiosity, and collaborations, we are open to people from different professional and educational backgrounds. However, the ideal person for this role would fit the following criteria:
- Bachelor or academic work and thinking level
- At least 3 years of experience
- Experience with risk based and exploratory testing
- Experience with test automation or ready for a deep dive
- A pragmatic and creative approach
- Excellent verbal and written English (Dutch is advantageous)
- You have a passion for sustainability
- You have an open, professional work ethic like the one we have at PRé.
- Basic knowledge of life cycle thinking is an advantage
- EU citizen or work permit for the Netherlands
What we promise
Working with us, you’ll be part of a highly diverse global culture that puts people first, our own and our customers. Our team of change-makers is driven by sustainability and science, working together to solve challenging environmental and social problems. We are passionate about the work we do, the clients we serve, and the impact we make every day.
To sustain this passion, we make sure our people derive a sense of purpose, mastery and autonomy from their work. We believe in constant learning and knowledge sharing – and we give our employees the tools to develop to their fullest potential. We work efficiently and effectively, taking responsibility for the work we do, keeping our commitments with integrity and honesty, living up to the company’s core values.
At PRé, you’ll find:
- A fast‐paced work environment where creativity and dedication are highly valued.
- An inspiring, and challenging international work atmosphere with an open and informal culture.
- A thoughtful group of colleagues, with much personal attention, and an employer who keeps a great eye on work happiness and job satisfaction.
- Competitive compensation, excellent personal development opportunities, on-the-job training and great responsibilities – all while contributing to a better world.
- Excellent remote working conditions and flexible hours to support your work-life balance.
- And, since we’re in the Netherlands, our job offer wouldn’t be complete without public transport compensation and a bicycle plan.
- Training budget of € 1000, – per year to support and empower your individual learning and development.
Following the pre-screening of applications, we will invite you for a first interview. After a successful first interview, you will receive an At-home assignment together with PRe “buddy” to collaborate on the assignment. In parallel, you will be invited to an online assessment of your capabilities and skill levels. Following the positive assignment and the assessment a second meeting will be planned to meet the Software team – if the situation allows it – at our office. Eventually, you will also have the opportunity to discuss in an informal meeting how you would like to work together with your team.
We’d love to see your application
If you recognize yourself in the profile and feel the drive to make a change, we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to Vera Vigh, Junior HR Advisor, email: email@example.com before 30 April. For more information about this position, you can contact Steven le Corvaisier, Senior Developer: Corvaisier@pre-sustainability.com.