Frontend Software Developer
Are you a full-stack Frontend Software Developer with a passion for sustainability who wants to have more impact? Do you want to work with state-of-the-art tools? Do you have the ambition to work for an international company and get every opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills? We are looking for a full-time (80-100%) full-stack Frontend Software Developer, preferably able to start as soon as possible.
About PRé Sustainability
At PRé, we believe that by using smart metrics solutions, sustainability can be a source of tremendous business opportunity and untapped value to reduce resource costs, enhance reputation, develop new innovation and access new markets.
Focusing primarily on life cycle thinking, PRé has been at the forefront of sustainability for 30 years. We are dedicated to making a positive change in the world by providing long-term solutions that benefit our customer’s bottom line. With our services and trusted software solutions, industry companies can implement fact-based sustainable development for regulatory compliance, strategy and operations, and innovation. We help businesses integrate and develop sustainable strategies and products based on facts.
Our staff is very important to us. We empower our people with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We are passionate about the work we do, the clients we serve, and the impact we make every day. PRé has a fast‐paced work environment where creativity and dedication are highly valued.
Work ethics at PRé:
- We have a drive to learn and share knowledge
- We strive to improve ourselves and help our colleagues do the same
- We are proactive, deal with challenges and are aware of the impact we and our work have within PRé
- We work efficiently and effectively, take responsibility for the work we do and keep our commitments
- We are ethical and honest. Integrity is one of our core values
About the Software team
We are an agile team of enthusiastic developers, driven to deliver high-quality web-based software. Our team uses state-of-the-art tools, like React, Webpack, C# with .Net Core, Entity Framework Core, ASP.NET Core, SQL Server Azure and Azure DevOps to build a web platform running in Microsoft Azure. The platform has its own UI to collect and work with data and LCA models, as well as an API to let others build applications using our data and calculation capacities.
For more information on SimaPro or examples of our work, take a look at our websites: https://simapro.com/ and https://pre-sustainability.com/. If you’re interested to learn more about the latest developments we’re working on, we can give you access to a demo as part of the application process.
What it’s like to be a Frontend Developer at PRé:
- Working with the Software and Consultancy teams on defining new LCA software features and improving the ones we have
- Willing to dive into backend code (C#) during bug investigation
- Leading feature implementation, aligning with all involved and making sure features are integrated and according to specifications.
- Taking ownership of your work, documenting it for others and your future self.
We’re looking for a smart, curious, quick thinker to join us who is equally (or even more) enthusiastic about sustainability and web development as we and who wants to help our team accomplish its goals. You are motivated to make a meaningful contribution. You are proactive, a good communicator who likes to work together, learn and share knowledge. You have a passion for sustainability and have an open, professional work ethic like the one we have at PRé. Further we ask:
- 2+ years working in Frontend development, or a strong technical portfolio (bonus points for LCA knowledge)
- Experience with React and state management (Redux). Knowledge in C# much appreciated
- There is enough room to further develop certain skills on the job if you haven’t mastered them (yet).
- Agile mindset
- Having a good sense of humor
- Excellent verbal and written English
- EU citizen or work permit for the Netherlands
- The possibility to contribute to a better world
- Great responsibilities and excellent training and development opportunities
- Training budget of € 1.000,- per year
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Public transport compensation and a bicycle plan
- A creative, inspiring and challenging working environment with an open and informal culture.
- Modern office at the Amersfoort central train station in the Netherlands
- Excellent work from home conditions and flexible working hours to support the work-life balance
For more information regarding this position, you can contact Mr. Eric Mieras, Managing Director, email: email@example.com. Your motivation letter and CV can be sent before 23 April 2021 to Margreet Riedstra, HR Manager, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.